Friday 21 May 2021

CHINESE: HSK New Requirements

    One of my goals is to go for the HSK, which is an official, standard Chinese proficiency test. I was going to take HSK 2 this winter but then I learned that there will be a new version of the HSK going into effect in July 2021.

     The new version has a more specific classification system and it is considered more rigorous than the previous one. There are now 9 levels instead of the 6 levels in the previous system. The Elementary level (Bands 1-3), the Intermediate Level (Bands 4-6) and the Advanced Level (Bands 7-9). When all is said and done by the end of Band 9 the learner will have learned 11,092 vocabulary words, 572 grammar concepts and how to write Chinese Characters not just recognize them.

    The testing for bands 1-6 will be adjusted over the next 3-5 years but the test for bands 7-9 will be introduced in March 2022. The materials for bands 7-9 will be introduced in December 2021. For more information on the new HSK Testing System please see this website: The New HSK (2021): An Overview and What’s Changed. 

    So what does this mean for me? I don't know yet. I'm gong to talk to my Chinese teacher when I have my next class so that we can develop a plan that is more suited to what is required because I not only want to take the tests but I also want to be sure that when I take the next level tests I am prepared for the changes.

The Following is a table I have assembled from information I could find on the Internet.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Study HSK 1 With Me 1 by cuardai