Korean
I have a teacher for Korean who is teaching me how to be more natural in my speech. However, I asked Chatgbt to help me get ready for TOPIK II test next year. It suggested I take a TOPIK I mock test to see if I am closer to TOPIK I Level 2 or TOPIK II Level 3. So during the weekend I took the TOPIK I mock test on Tammy Korean. I made sure to do it under the same conditions as a real TOPIK I test, i.e. in one sitting and timed. There are two sections to the test: Listening and Reading. For the listening section the time is 40 minutes, and for the reading section the time is 60 minutes.
I have to say that I did much better in the listening section than the reading section. This is mainly because when I got to the reading section I was getting bored and finished it in 30 minutes instead of 60 minutes. I didn't take my time reading and figuring out what the passages where saying instead if I didn't understand something I just guessed. As a result I go 81/100 on my listening section and only 65/100 on my reading section. Together they make 146/200 which means I am at TOPIK I Level 2 rather than TOPIK II Level 3.
Next step is to start learning vocabulary and grammar for TOPIK I because my reading was not great. I found a vocabulary list on the same website as the TOPIK Test as well as a list for grammar. I'll be using them to study. I've already started to use Anki with the vocabulary words at 5 vocabulary words per day and I'm starting the grammar section today. I also decided to read a book in Korean (Secret Garden).
Japanese
I had studied Japanese before with a teacher but I no longer have that option right now. So I decided to study on my own. I used Chatgbt to start relearning the Hiragana and Katakana until my book arrives. I'll be using Beginning Japanese Textbook: Revised Edition: An Integrated Approach to Language and Culture
As I said in my previous post I asked Chatgbt to make me a study plan for each of the languages above and to add that plan to my Google calendar. So now I just have to open my Google calendar each day to see what my study plan for the day is.

No comments:
Post a Comment