Friday 7 May 2021

CHINESE: Free resource online

HSK 1 Resource

YouTube: Free

A Course from Peking University

    One of the best ways for me to supplement my Chinese studies while mainly using my HSK books is to look online for resources that help me explain the concepts in the book and add some interesting facts to it. This is how I ended up finding this channel on YouTube. They have HSK 1-6 level courses. I am currently going through the HSK 1 videos.
    In the HSK 1 playlist there are 6 weeks worth of lessons and each week has 5 lessons. I just finished going through the first week of lessons. Each lesson is a mix of vocabulary words, dialogue, grammar and exercises to cement what you have learned in the lessons. 
    I don't take detailed notes, however I do note down things that I feel are important or that catch my interest. Here is an example these are my notes from all five lessons of week 1:

HSK 1: Week 1 all lessons.


    Two facts that I didn't know before I took these lessons and are not mentioned in the HSK books at least as far as I've gone so far are as follows: 
(1) When you say a phone number you don't use (yī) but instead you use (yāo). The reason is that (yī and qī) can sound the same when spoken and to keep things from getting confusing they use (yāo). For those who don't know (yī and yāo) are the number 1 and (qī) is the number 7. 

(2) When you are making plurals using (men), you can only use this method with people, never objects or animals. Examples are 我们 (We), 他们 (They for mix of men and women or just men), 她们 (They for women), 同学们 (Students) and so on. 

 This is my tip for a great resource today.
再见!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Study HSK 1 With Me 1 by cuardai