Thursday, 24 September 2026

오늘의 한국어 연습: Past tense 🇰🇷

Use the past tense to describe an action that already happened.

  • 먹어요 → 먹었어요 = ate
  • 마셔요 → 마셨어요 = drank
  • 읽어요 → 읽었어요 = read
  • 봐요 → 봤어요 = watched
  • 공부해요 → 공부했어요 = studied
  • 가요 → 갔어요 = went

어제 means “yesterday.”

Examples:

  • 저는 어제 영화를 봤어요.
    I watched a movie yesterday.
  • 저는 도서관에서 책을 읽었어요.
    I read a book at the library.

Your turn

Translate into Korean:

  1. I drank coffee yesterday.
  2. I studied Korean at home.
  3. I went to the library.
  4. I ate a meal and watched a drama at home.

For number 4, connect the actions with -고. Put both actions in the past: 먹었고 … 봤어요.

1. 저는 어제 커피를 마셨어요. 

2. 저는 집에서 한국어를 공부했어요. 

3. 저는 도서관에 갔어요. 

4. 저는 집에서 밥을 먹었고 드라마를 봤어요.

완벽해요! All four sentences are correct and natural. 🌟

  1. 저는 어제 커피를 마셨어요. ✅
  2. 저는 집에서 한국어를 공부했어요. ✅
  3. 저는 도서관에 갔어요. ✅
  4. 저는 집에서 밥을 먹었고 드라마를 봤어요. ✅

You correctly used:

  • 에 for a destination: 도서관에 갔어요
  • 에서 for the place of an action: 집에서 공부했어요
  • Past-tense endings: 마셨어요, 공부했어요, 갔어요, 봤어요

A common conversational version of sentence 4 is:

저는 집에서 밥을 먹고 드라마를 봤어요.

The final past-tense verb 봤어요 can make the whole sequence understood as past.

Score: 4/4 — 정말 훌륭해요! 🎉

No comments:

Post a Comment

오늘의 한국어 연습: Past tense 🇰🇷

Use the past tense to describe an action that already happened. 먹어요 →  먹었어요  = ate 마셔요 →  마셨어요  = drank 읽어요 →  읽었어요  = read 봐요 →  봤어요  = wat...